We are sorry to disappoint you, but this event is now closed. If you would like to register your interest for future courses, please email us at email@example.com.
Steve Jobs said “The people that really create the things that change this industry are both the thinker and doer in one person.”
A multi-activity hands-on program for your tween (9-12years old) to carry out the design process, and make their own designed prototype.
Set them the Design Challenge with an everyday object; the young designers will learn about empathy, problem-solving, collaboration and experimentation through highly active games and stimulating exercises.
Fun & playful experiences both indoor and outdoor; it’s the best way to learn.
Cost includes lunch & snacks, a T-shirt and all materials. Green Dots is housed at one of the beautiful black & white bungalows.
Five educational benefits:
The children learn how to
- understand, adopt and apply the design process: how to empathize with and understand the user/stakeholder, how to frame the design challenge, how to generate ideas, how to prototype and test solutions, how to iterate in between the phases.
- develop creative thinking skills of problem solving, collaboration, risk-taking, critical thinking, experimentation, making creative connections and challenging assumptions
- develop life skills, such as empathy, communication, self esteem, team work, dealing with change
- to apply their learning to everyday situations
- be resourceful and resilient.
1. observing and talking to the users and fellow participants in their natural environment
2. high activity games which will stimulate them to think out of the box
3. games which will stimulate them to experiment
4. exercises using creative tools and a wide variety of materials to explore and experience new ways of visualization
5. interactive activities that will stimulate collaboration, that will show the children each individual’s strengths and that will build their confidence
ONLY small group intake; to avoid disappointment REGISTER NOW!